color of clouds

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ~Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds

Sunday 28 April 2013

Few Pages from God’s (Unofficial) Diary

My goal is very simple: I have to create the Universe. I have been daydreaming about it. Finally I realized that unless I have ‘Dreams with Deadlines’ I couldn’t achieve my goal. Hence I created Time today.

10-43 sec, January 1
Since there is nobody to supervise what I am doing, it should be easy to do my job. My job is to create. Perhaps job is not the right word as I am not sure if at all I will ever get paid for it. Still then I will do my work without thinking about the results because firstly, I enjoy creating and secondly, I have no responsibilities yet.

There are so many ways to create that I am a little puzzled. This is not as easy as I thought it to be. Thanks … to ME, there is no competition. There is neither fact nor fiction. Hence everything is possible.

I have no concrete things to start with … not even imagination. How can I have imagination without any experience? How helpless I am? I have nothing with me, not even another God or Goddess to listen to my helplessness! How lonely I am?

Oh yes! I see … I have ‘Nothing’. That is the best thing I have. I have to just rename it such that it appears to be ‘Something’. I will call it Space.

10-33 sec, January 1
I do not know how to fill the space…with what! I am thinking about it. It is obvious that I will end up with nothing because I have started with nothing. I believe in the conservation of nothingness.

Now I can see the first drawback of my creation. Since I have created Time, I am having guilty feelings whenever I am relaxing a bit longer. How to minimize this kind of feeling?

Henceforth I have to be economical about the creation. I have two basic stuffs: time and space. Let me see if the number of basic stuffs can be reduced. Hence, I merge time and space to create space-time. Both time and space are nothingness; still space looks so empty when time appears to be so full with activities! Have I solved this riddle by creating space-time?

10-30 sec, January 1
My work will be easier if I can put a certain amount of logic into creation. Unfortunately there is no do-it-yourself kit available with an instruction manual to create the universe. I will have some basic guiding rules based on economy, conservation, and eternity … and then fill in the details of the universe, if time permits.

Can there be a different way to do it? Do I have a choice? Different … oh yes! Difference is the consequence of change. Change is the keyword. If why is a truth then why not is also a truth. My creation will be a continuous struggle between constancy and change. I redistribute the energy generated in this struggle as matter and light. Let the light illuminate the matter.

Nothing can exist by itself… hence they will interact to survive.
Stars and planets are elementary particles at a different scale; elementary particles are stars and planets at the other. Infinitesimal causes the change. Infinity holds the constancy. Creation is a bridge between infinitesimal and infinity.

7 AM, December 31
I am fed up with my creation. I have exhausted all possibilities for interactions. I have lost my motivation. I have created such a vast universe with myriad designs of spectacular things but none of these spectacular things can understand my efforts. They can never appreciate my work. Neither a star nor an electron can ever realize that I have created it!

Why did I create such dumb things? They are busy all the time in interacting with each other and have no time for me; no time to realize the pain I have taken to create and sustain them. Doing further creation is meaningless among these dumb fellows. I need feedback; I need refereeing…

I created Life today. I also created Consciousness. I created my Referee!

7 PM, December 31
I have never realized the power of consciousness during my thought experiments. Within the 12 hours I have seen its splendor. Its evolution has followed the same pattern as the expansion of the universe. It evolved in a regular manner for an amoeba to common man. However, during the transition from the common man to the scientist it underwent inflation – an exponential growth in the language of man-made Mathematics.

Today morning I created an amoeba that was (1) struggling to live, (2) trying to change itself according to the surroundings, and (3) reproducing in a simple way by giving more importance to the product than to the process of reproduction. There was no sex, let alone opposite sex!

To my great surprise, within 12 hours it has evolved into a specimen – called man – that is (1) struggling to understand ‘why to live?’, (2) trying to change the surroundings according to itself, (3) attaching so much of fanfare to the process of reproduction that the process has become much more important by making the product merely a byproduct. Moreover it is also fighting over ‘which sex should be called the opposite sex?’

8 PM, December 31
When I experimented with life I was bored with the constancy … the eternity … of a year. I created life to bring in death. I wanted them to live to die! What surprises me the most is that although they live for only few minutes, they would still worry about the meaning of life and how could they live to be of more consequence compared to others of their species.

Not only this … they have found methods to transcend consciousness beyond time and space. They have condensed the collective consciousness in an objective way to what they call knowledge. They have invented ways of passing this knowledge to the next generation. This is simply remarkable and much more than what I have thought.

8:30 PM, December 31
I am not surprised the way things are going out of my hand. I am simply amazed. I am simply amazed. I have never imagined in my wildest dreams that consciousness will go through a second inflation during the transition from a physicist to a particle physicist. These particle physicists, especially the theorists are of a loftier breed. They aim to understand everything in terms of few things!

They want to have an equation simple enough to be written as a slogan on a T-shirt (that they wear during all seasons for all reasons) and powerful enough to predict the fate of the universe during a commercial break in a TV programme!

What I have taken the canvas of infinity to portray; they want to draw the same on a T-shirt. Even creating the universe appears to be a trivial ambition compared to this ambition of portraying the essence of the universe on a T-shirt!

They want a Theory of Everything (TOE). How is it possible to have such a theory when they have seen only my ‘toe’? I must appreciate their courage to surpass me!

I will wait till 10:30 PM tonight to see if the scientists can create a blade of grass in the laboratory starting from raw atoms and molecules. In case they succeed, I have to take them more seriously and retire at midnight before they eliminate me by asking their high school kids the following question in exchange of 5 marks: “Describe the whole universe and give two examples.”

No comments:

Post a Comment