color of clouds

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ~Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Prelude to A Kiss

How often
in the still of the night
your soft breathings
with sluggish friendliness
invade my body and mind
when your soul is sleeping next to me
with its brown voice
trying its best
to match your golden complexion.
And, making me realize:
there is something magical
about the way
you smile at me
with your lips, eyes and heart,
about the way
your tendrilly cascading curls
of raven black hair
reminds me of
the glorious union
of the first raindrop and the thirsty earth,
about the way
you close your eyes
with the disinclination
to let the moments pass by
when I kiss you
drawing the moments out
as far as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment